Like Barry Bonds, Baseball Widow hasn't retired; she's just not playing.
Enjoy the archives. . .



Thursday, April 22, 2004

Update

Baseball Widow would like to make a couple of quick updates.

I've received some email asking how the Eye-Candies are coming along. Well, despite a couple of days in first place, they're settling down around fourth--about where Baseball Hubby had predicted. (Did I mention that he thinks he's very smart?)

Offense is generally good, although on Tuesday I had six of my starting lineup pull 0-fers. God bless Javy Lopez, because he's anchoring me. Fifty-two at bats in, and he's still swinging .462.

I've made one lineup change, dropping the injured Joe Mays and picking up Danys Baez to fill the closer role. In general, I'm hesitant to over-manage because I really do want to field the team as I picked it, but the Eye-Candies were getting slaughtered without a closer. Besides, I hadn't initially separated closers from middle relief, so I feel okay about mixing up the pitching a little. Don't worry: Baez is a looker, too.

That's the first update, about the Eye-Candies. The second update is about I, Candi. (Please don't give me grief about the use of "I" instead of the proper "me." Sometimes I have to sacrifice grammar for entertainment value.)

Baseball Widow has tried not to burden this site with information about herself, but it's time to make a confession: I'm a law student. As a matter of fact, the blogfather himself, Glenn Instapundit Reynolds, is currently my Con Law professor. I was shocked to learn a couple of days ago that he actually knows my name, but as far as I can tell, he knows nothing about Baseball Widow and her comparatively measly 6000 hits.

I've said all that to say this: I'm rapidly approaching finals, so I probably won't have much to say about baseball for the next week or so. I think I'm gonna let Baseball Hubby step in and write a few. Remember, too many hours sitting in front of the BV (that's Baseballvision) might have caused his expository writing muscles to atrophy, so don't be too hard on him.

No comments: